I kicked off the beginning of the new year with a post about my 2016 resolutions. How am I doing on said resolutions? Eh…I’d say some good, some bad.
- Financial planner – Brian and I have an appointment this week!
- Take care of myself – Two words – Not. Great. No 21 Day Fix has been happening around here, and I waver between feeling mad at myself and proclaiming YOLO and going out for family pizza. I know I need to get my act together!
- Clean out excess stuff – I’ve focused on the kitchen so far…deep cleaning the fridge, and cleaning out anything excess from the cabinets. I also finally dropped off some bags to Goodwill that had been sitting in our spare room for months. Small victories!
- Be present – I would say I’ve done pretty well here this month. I’ve tried really hard to concentrate on our family time from 5-8 p.m., and it sure does feel good.
What am I looking forward to in 2016? So much!
- Celebrating a 3-year-old in March! We’ve picked a party theme (assuming she doesn’t change her mind), and let’s just say it couldn’t be more opposite from her purple princess party from last year.
- Brian and I just booked a mini trip to NYC in April with another couple…I can’t wait! We’ve got Broadway tickets and Pacers at Madison Square Gardens tickets, and let’s just say everyone is very happy with which ticket they ended up with 😉
- Hilton Head – I’ve literally been planning our next trip since the moment we left last year. Is it May yet?!
I could list so much more, but really I’m just excited to see the year play out with my sweet people. I love the saying, “Know how to make God laugh? Make plans.” I could tell you what this year will look like, but I’d better just hang on for the ride and find out.
Stay tuned for these other topics coming in the next months!